The SodaStream Play is an economical yet very elegant and modern looking soda maker that closely resembles the SodaStream Source. The Soda Maker Club recommends it to people who are looking for an attractive and efficient soda machine that won’t break the bank.
• Bottle Lock Mechanism: Snap-lock
• Size: 5.2″W x 16.5″H x 9″D
• Refill Method: SodaStream Carbonators (60L or 130L)
• Construction: Plastic
• Warranty: 3 year limited warranty
Comes with a 15L starter carbonator, six flavor samples and a 1L BPA-free carbonating bottle.
How To Use
The SodaStream Play is very easy to use thanks to its snap-lock mechanism that reduces the hassle needed to carbonate water.
- Fill the carbonating bottle (cold water achieves the best carbonation).
- Push the bottle into the holder and then push it back to attach it to the soda maker.
- Press and hold the carbonation block for 2 seconds (twice for medium fizz)
- Pull the bottle towards you to remove it.
The SodaStream Play uses either a 60L or 130L SodaStream carbonator that, as their name implies, allow for carbonation of roughly 60L of water or 130L (most users do however report around the 50L or 120L range). Empty carbonators can be exchanged for full ones at various retailers such as select Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, Target, etc. To find a retailer close to you.. Every exchange costs $14.99 (60L) or $29.99 (130L) but there are cheaper, DIY options.
The SodaStream Play differentiates itself through its snap-lock mechanism and amazing appearance, two features that cannot be seen in any soda maker in its price range. Despite some carbonation issues, it is the most attractive and efficient/easy to use soda machine that costs less than $100.
What Others are Saying
Consumers enjoyed the SodaStream Play’s design, ease of use and effectiveness. They also found that it looked great and fit well with their kitchen. However, many people reported that theirs did not provide sufficient carbonation or, in some cases, did not carbonate the water at all.